Monday, July 19, 2010

...

I didn't get as much done this weekend as I'd hoped. Putting together the programs takes more time than I anticipated, but I think I'll probably be able to get them done in the next two days.

I didn't even start the silverware bundle things. Or buy the rest of the vases.

(Although I did get some vase filler. It's actually aquarium gravel, courtesy of PetSmart. We also purchased a cat leash while we were there. Truth).

We did buy Darren a suit, though. We took the awesome Calvin Klein jacket (that he found at Goodwill for $15) to Men's Warehouse and the guy was all "We have this suit, but I can't separate the jacket from the pants, I can only sell them together." And it's a $500 suit. Sooo we decided to get him a brand new $300-on-sale-for-$200 suit instead. And he looks awesome. He'll probably look even better once the pants are tailored. The jacket didn't need any altering at all, which is awesome. The alterations on the pants are only going to cost $20. Win!

The unfortunate thing is we somehow ended up buying shoes from the, too. "We actually have some good deals on shoes right now, too." Ha! Okay, they might be the most comfortable dress shoes Darren's ever worn (awesome), but they were $109. Laughs! Ah, but in the end Darren and I will have spent pretty much the same amount on our wedding ensembles, so whatever. bring on the hundred dollar shoes.

We're going to do the marriage license stuff on Thursday, then pick up the suit on Friday... awesome. We're in the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment