Tuesday, August 3, 2010

snafu'd

Darren's grandpa died this morning. Okay, he's not actually his grandpa, but he was an old friend of the family who very much played a grandfatherly role. Y'know?

So his mom left me a message to the effect of "You need to call me as soon as you get this. As soon as you get it, call me." And I'm at work, so I couldn't just call her back right away. So I was sitting there freaking out, and texting Darren trying to find out if he'd talked to her until finally I gave in and snuck out for a minute to call.

The funeral is in Farmington on Friday so we're going to have to revise some plans a little as far as picking up cake, driving up north, and prepping stuff, in that the food won't get prepared until Saturday morning and it'll be a later night than I anticipated on Friday with decorating stuff. Meanwhile, she's all worried about not "bringing us down" for the wedding. And I'm sitting here thinking 'don't worry about me, I'm the one worrying about you guys,' because HI, someone they love just died! Who gives a crap about it maybe affecting their moods several days from now?

Anyway. Yeah. That happened.

Bonus: while I was panicking about the voicemail she left me, I got an email from the rental company saying the last people that rented the PA system had retuned it broken. So that blows. They have an amp and microphone for backup, so she's going to make sure those work and then get back to me. If not, luckily we know people in bands who prrrobably have PA systems we can borrow. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment