Monday, March 29, 2010

decor, finalized.

I ordered my first batch of flowers today! Gotta make sure they don't suck before I order the rest. Here's what I'll end up with:

This vase ***edit** HOLD UP. Shipping for those vases is as much as the actual cost. DEALBREAKER.

So instead, I'll find some bud vases and fill them with some twigs (or these twigs... probably the first ones because they're cheaper. Heh). and a single daisy (I'll break up the bouquets) for the centerpieces.

I'll make some garlands for accents on the head table and probably buffet table.
The centerpieces on the head table are going to be made with three vases I got from work and some vase gems, so we (me, Marsha, Kate) can put our bouquets in them.

I'll make boutonnieres for the ushers/pins for the attendants with these flower heads.

Similarly, I'll make groomsmen boutonnieres with these wooden flower heads.

Darren's boutonniere.
My bouquet.

Ladies of honor bouquets.

Boutonnieres for our dads.

Wrist corsages for our moms.

Finally, because ceiling draping is so expensive (like $600 minimum, srsly!), instead we'll hang green and white lanterns up (sans actual lights). The tent lighting we're renting plus the shitload of Christmas lights I acquired should provide enough light- the lanterns will just be there to add a touch of awesomeness.
ALSO, I bought a new flower clip for my hair. Ordered it yesterday. The other one just wasn't doin' it for me. Or, the other two that I got when I ordered one. I mean, I like them, but I like this one better:

So maybe the other ones can be for mah ladiez.

(for my own reference: today I ordered the bridesmaids bouquets, 1 daisy bouquet, all the flower heads for pin-making, and the flowers for garland-making).

No comments:

Post a Comment